bmi surgical institute logo

Bariatric & Minimally Invasive Surgical Institute

B.M.I. SURGICAL INSTITUTE

Weight Loss & General Surgery Atlanta

BMI Surgical Institute:
1105 Upper Hembree Rd, Suite A
Roswell, GA 30076

Gallbladder Surgery Atlanta

Our team of general surgeons at BMI Surgical are skilled in a wide array of Gallbladder Surgery and treatments that you may require. Ranging from routine to complex laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Atlanta, if you’re suffering from chronic or gallbladder conditions – rest assured you can call on BMI Surgical Institute!

What Gallbladder Surgery Procedures May I Come in For At BMI Surgical Institute in Atlanta?

The first portion of our extensive list of gallbladder surgery and treatments we routinely perform at BMI Surgical Institute is listed below for ease of use and education.

If you still require additional clarification or feel unsure of what type of Gallbladder surgery or treatment you may require (if at all), please do not self diagnose and simply click here to give us a call right now!

 

About Gallbladder Surgery and Conditions in Atlanta

The Gallbladder and Billiary Tree can become inflamed and cause many issues and conditions where intervention by a specialist may become neccessary.

Gallstones and Your Gallbladder

Gallstones are one of the most commonly treated diseases by general surgeons in Atlanta and the United States. Interestingly, 10% to 15% of Americans will actually have gallstones during their lifetime. That being said, nearly 80% of these patients will remain asymptomatic. Furthermore, remaining 20% develop symptoms of gallstone disease at least once. Only 1% to 4% of these patients will experience biliary complications. 

Acute Cholecystitis in Atlanta?

Acute cholecystitis is the acute inflammation of the gallbladder. This usually occurs as result of obstruction of the cystic duct with gallstones. The diagnosis of Acute Cholecystitis, is based on a combination of clinical signs in addition to physical examination findings.

These physical findings include right upper quadrant abdominal pain and tenderness. With imaging, your General Surgeon will find cholelithiasis and/or gallbladder inflammation.

Standard treatment is prompt laparoscopic cholecystectomy, although selected patients may be managed medically or with percutaneous cholecystostomy tube placement.